AREWA 24 Press Releases
April 18, 2017 – AREWA24 has announced its new Ramadan programming lineup for 2017. AREWA24 is the first “home-grown” 24/7 Hausa-language satellite television channel produced by and for Northern Nigerians and for Hausa speakers throughout Nigeria and the surrounding countries…..
Fabarairu, 13, 2017 – A new six-part miniseries that takes viewers on a journey around the globe and back again to northern Nigeria to witness the strength of the human spirit and the power of education to change the world. The series will premiere on AREWA24 on February 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM, …..
February 7, 2017: – AREWA24, the 24/7 all-Hausa language entertainment and lifestyle satellite TV channel, production studio and media company, announces the launch of a new programming division, “A24 Sports.” Since the channel’s launch in 2014, AREWA24 has established itself as the premier channel for authentic and homegrown Hausa language content for Northern Nigeria…..
Lagos, Nigeria; 17 October 2016: – MultiChoice Nigeria is once again expanding its free-to-air (FTA) channel offerings on its DStv and GOtv platforms with the introduction of AREWA24, the first free‐to‐air Hausa‐language satellite television channel on 20 October and will be available on DStv channel 261 and GOtv channel 101…..
August 23, 2016 – The Chocolate City Group, the largest music, media and entertainment brand in Africa and AREWA24, the 24/7 all-Hausa language entertainment and lifestyle television channel serving Northern Nigeria, announce the television debut of a collaborative “Artist Showcase Series.” The Artist Showcase is a new series of highly stylized vignettes featuring some of the most talented and popular artists from Northern Nigeria….
June 28, 2016 – AREWA24, the 24/7 all-Hausa language entertainment and lifestyle satellite TV channel, production studio and media company, celebrates its two-year anniversary on June 28. Since launching on the eve of Ramadan, 2014, AREWA24 has established itself as the premier channel for authentic and homegrown Hausa content for Northern Nigeria. AREWA24 produces and broadcasts entertaining and locally relevant programming across a variety of popular genres to Hausa speakers across Northern Nigeria and the surrounding countries….
AREWA24 in the News
September 01, 2016. Digital Content Africa: Chocolate City, Arewa24 team up to highlight Northern Nigerian Artists
August 26, 2016. The Nation: Chocolate City, Arewa24 to promote artistes
August 26, 2016. Balancin Act Africa: AREWA24 targets Northern Nigeria’s 80 million consumers with original, local programming
July 8, 2015. NexTV: “ACTV adds AREWA24 to its Channel Bouquet” by Malini Nagaraj (Screen Capture)
July 8, 2015. Leadership: “AREWA24: Nigeria’s First 24-hour Hausa TV Channel Berths on ACTV” by Samuel Abulude. (Screen Capture)
February 2015. Screen Africa: “First ever homegrown Hausa-language channel now on air” by Warren Holden
Press Release Archive
- May 17, 2016-AREWA24 Launches Mobile App for Android and iOS
- April 12, 2016-AREWA24 And NTA Announce Innovative Programming Partnership
- January 19, 2016-Arewa24 Announces Robust Slate Of New Orginal Shows For 2016
- August 4, 2015-New Executive Hires Strengthen AREWA24 Commercial Team
- July 7, 2015-AREWA24 Celebrates Successful First Year Of Hausa Entertainment
- June 10, 2015-AREWA24 Presents its slate of Special Ramadan Programming
- April 16, 2015-AREWA24 Launches on EUTELSAT 16A satellite to expand its footprint across Nigeria and the region
- January 27, 2015-AREWA24 Adds Hausa-language Football Program to Weekly Lineup
- January 13, 2015-AREWA24 Celebrates 100th Episode of Signature Daily Breakfast Show, Gari Ya Waye (“Daybreak”)
- December 16, 2014-AREWA24 Anchors its Original Programming Lineup with the Launch of its New Prime Time Soap Opera: Dadin Kowa
- October 1, 2014-AREWA24 Launches Digital Platform to Showcase its Original Programming to the Local and Global Hausa-Speaking Communities
- September 25, 2014-AREWA24 Expands its Debut Programming Lineup with Signature Daily Breakfast Show, “Gari Ya Waye” (“Daybreak”)
- June 28, 2014-New 24/7 Free-to-air, Hausa-language Satellite TV Channel Launches in Northern Nigeria on Nilesat